Saturday, September 30, 2023

 While driving to Paul Wolf the seat belt mount came off of the wall, I tried to re-install it, it's stripped so will not stay bolted in, it's the 3rd picture.


I got out to Paul Wolf and hooked up the rig and leveled and then put out the slide. This time I kept a very close eye on both sides of the slide going out and found the right side goes out more than the left. I brought the slide in then put it out again and it repeated the same result. I put the slide back in, brought the jacks up, drove forward to the end of the driveway and then backed up and leveled the rig, made sure it was level which was easy considering how flat the spot is. Same result, it goes out the exact same way each time, how I missed this I don't know, I don't remember checking the top of the slide or if it was in sync until today, stupid me. The driver side jack started popping, could be the spring, I don't know, it did it until I went to bed.

This picture is the right side on the top looking down, there is a small gap between the slide seal and the wall so it is not extending all the way out which would explain the gap in the outer seal I saw the day we did the final walk through. The left side has a much wider gap, see below.



This second picture is the left side, now that is a gap!! I can stick my hand through and feel the wind coming right through. This could also cause the kind of gap that would allow water through, it must be binding or out of sync.


Hopefully this will be easy to fix, we'll drop it off on Sunday and once again see what happens.
🙂

No comments: