Monday, September 11, 2023

We Bought The Fleetwood Flair 29T on 09/09/23

 

We done did something Saturday the 9th, bye bye 40ft Montana albatross hello 29ft Fleetwood Flair. I'm was out in the rig at Paul Wolf doing a quick over night and then it's back to Blackhawk to try and gather up 10 years of "stuff" in the old rig and in the shed.
Both of us feel pretty tired, I rolled my left foot several times which seems to now be a thing so I'm sitting in the recliner trying to come down. The TV's don't get a single channel which where we are at is impossible so I have some homework to do.
I have a device that will read the signal strength coming off the antenna. Only problem is, who knows where it is? So streaming from the laptop to the TV works just as well.
While testing out the recliner it broke in half, so much for Lazyboy quality. The RV is back at the dealer for the following items found on the test outing.

Issues found before and during the test outing:

1. (This was seen during the initial walk through with the Tech) The 1st slide seal facing the slide on the left and right is not making contact towards the bottom of the slide. Interior and mid seals look fine I think. Tech said he is going to check into it. Also he was going to add sealant to cap seal on the roof, unsure if that was completed, I failed to ask after doing to paperwork.

2. Passenger rear window locking mechanism is no longer attached to the window to hold it in place so it's just swinging loose. I taped it closed, it should handle rain if it rains before you guys check it out.
3. The Lazyboy dual reclining loveseat broke, I set up the rig, sat down, reclined and it snapped. I was able to move the upper seat so it sits up straight so I could put the slide back in the next morning.
4. The TV's get zero signal even though the antenna shows signal, all cables check out so it "should" work, I saw this when in the service bay and forgot to mention it to the tech as we went to do the paperwork right after.
5. The left side cabinet over the loveseat bottom board is loose and is sagging impacting both the cabinet and the window decoration (I don’t know if it was already that way).
6. Auto leveling system does not appear to get a signal from the front and right rear back jacks that they are fully raised after retracting, the top center and right LED blink, the others turn off.

7. Fake Lugnut cover is broken and rattling around in the right front hubcap.

8. Dash AC isn't very cold, should definitely be colder than it is, the sales person saw this during        the test drive

9. The passenger seatbelt is VERY difficult to put in place and harder to remove, they adjusted the          drivers side but the passenger side is still difficult. The sales person saw this during our test                 drive.

First outing at Paul Wolff Campground on Big Timber Road


Purchased on 09/09/23, a Fleetwood Flair 29T























2 comments:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

We'll be keeping our eyes peeled for your upcoming adventures.
We need personal care before getting back on the road.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

Erik's RV Blog said...

Hey long time no see! I have been trying to comment on other blogs but it keeps asking me to sign in even though I am signed in and able to comment here and post new blogs.

I hope you're back on the road soon and that the personal care works! :)