Monday, October 23, 2023

Final Trip Of the Year - Original Concern Turns Into A Problem

 

We finally got a chance to take a real weekend out in the RV. The dealership finally agreed the furnace has issues. It suddenly started failing for them so that's good, the bad part, right now it's working perfectly for our trip so it may be hard to find the actual problem.
About a month ago I also told the dealer the slide isn't in sync, they disagreed so when we got here last night and I went to put out the slide we got a red fault light and the slide wouldn't go out.
The top left of the slide had an almost 3" gap while the top right was almost snug when the slide was out fully. I contacted the dealer to tell them the slide now doesn't work at all and he gave me Lippert's number. I called them and they pointed me to the instructions on how to set the stops, measure the voltage yada yada yada...
I removed the controller and worked the procedure for manually putting out the slide and indeed it started going out crooked. I called Lippert back and he said to set the stops first, the problem with that is it requires running the slide, which is crooked. I went through the clear codes procedure and then manually ran the slide out and finally got it all the way open and guess what.... ðŸĪŠ
The top left of the slide is ALMOST where its supposed to be!!! So tomorrow before I winterize the rig for the winter I'm going to go through the procedures again and see if I can't get that lined up perfectly.
We then drop it off on the way home and the dealer will have to set the stops since it keeps faulting out or fix whatever is causing that code. Then they need to fix the furnace. They asked me how long they could have it, I said until April!! 😂
Time to sit down for brunch.... there is BACON!!!!!!!!!! 😁






No comments: