Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Small Projects To Do

While getting the rig ready for the new season I found that the water heater plug leaks a little bit, the water regulator stopped working and the standard TV antenna just doesn’t cut it anymore so today I ordered the following.

JACK HDTV Digital Antenna, the factory one is analogue and shaped like a batwing. The problem with this design is it favors VHF while over the air HDTV is in the UHF band which the batwing design is not designed to handle very well. Rounder antennas work better with UHF. This JACK antenna was designed to handle both very well. This also means I can remove that digital converter box that zapped me last year!

JackTvAntenna

JackTvAntenna2

Digital TV signal finder to aid in getting the antenna pointed in the right direction although this design means we will have to adjust less often.

DigitalSignalFinder

New hot water heater drain plugs.

WaterHeaterPlug

I spent too much money on this regulator but I want it to be adjustable and tell me how much pressure the park is putting out. I could use the parks valve to adjust the pressure right? Well, places like Geneseo only have a valve that goes on or off so you can’t adjust it, this way we are in control.

WaterRegulator

These parts should be in before we go out the next time. I’ll take pictures of the antenna install so others stuck fighting to get stations can see how its done, if I do it right of course! Smile

Have a great Thursday everybody!

6 comments:

Diana said...

What a great idea Erik. Make your life a bit easier now so you and Ronda can relax more later!
I had no idea digital t.v. was UHF. I learned something new today. Thanks! Love Di ♥

Erik's RV Blog said...

Diana - Not all of them are in the UHF band, just most of them are. I'll explain in todays post. :)

Big Matt said...

The gauge on that unit is on the output side (I have the identical one at my home site), so it will tell you what you're current hose pressure past the regulator is, so you can dial it up or down to what you find most comfortable.

I personally have mine dialed in at 60psi, which is only 5 more psi than what my water pump puts out normally, so I get good flow when visiting parks without blowing up my water lines :).

Erik's RV Blog said...

Matt - Agreed, it measures the flow out, not the park, thanks for clearing that up. ;)

I keep ours at around 50 PSI.

coal said...

I also replaced my antenna with the Jack system. Works very well and I seem to have better picture stability, seems to lock onto the channel better and the picture never goes out compared to my Radio Shack digital antenna.
I had satellite for years, but tired of the big monthly bill and the setting up tearing down and storing the stuff.
One thing I found useful lately is my iPad and iTunes, I can rent a movie online, download it at my work and plug it into my tv. No more late fees lol.

coal said...

I also replaced my antenna with the Jack system. Works very well and I seem to have better picture stability, seems to lock onto the channel better and the picture never goes out compared to my Radio Shack digital antenna.
I had satellite for years, but tired of the big monthly bill and the setting up tearing down and storing the stuff.
One thing I found useful lately is my iPad and iTunes, I can rent a movie online, download it at my work and plug it into my tv. No more late fees lol.