Wednesday, May 30, 2012

RV Update – Slide Motor

I received a call from the dealer this morning, the slide motor “rig job” has been completed and they sealed a seam that I found on the roof rear cap that needed some dicor sealant. I’ll take pictures this weekend.

I also plan on adding another bracket myself with rubber bumpers so the noise level will be reduced even further. They don’t do or touch anything it seems without charging another hour for it. As it is they are hitting me up for 3 hours for this work which seems excessive to me but there's nothing I can do about it but pay them. Now that I understand the mechanism I know how to repair it and I know I can make a much better bracket. More on that after I see how it looks and works.

Have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

JO said...

I bet you can make a better bracket. Good Luck with their repair.

Erik's RV Blog said...

I'm going to try, one of the benefits of having the rig in the campground is now I can work on it! :)~