Sunday, June 1, 2014

Power Washing The Deck

The old deck we purchased was getting covered in moss and grime and it was time to try and clean it up. I removed the center section so we could sit on the deck and see out into the campground while sitting on the deck. Here it is from two weeks back.

WP_20140523_002

Here is what it looked like as I started to power wash. Unfortunately the campground water pressure isn’t the best so it took 4 hours to complete.

WP_20140601_002

Finally, it’s done!

WP_20140601_004

WP_20140601_005

WP_20140601_006

4 comments:

JO said...

Nice job looks so much nicer now.

Big Matt said...

Looking good, though you gotta be careful with poor source pressure with pressure washers, very easy to burn up the motor if you don't have the right GPM coming into the unit.

Pressure washed the rest of the fence this past weekend, myself, for the first time since the boundary fence was built (Long before my time there), it's been cleaned and actually had some maintenance done to it.

It's a pretty red cedar, the only problem is, I did the fence is sections over a fairly long period of time, so alot of it has already started to weather again back to cedar's normal gray tone, so I have one section bright cedar red, and the rest, a more subdued red going on gray.

Erik's RV Blog said...

Matt - Yeah thankfully the pressure wasn't that low, it worked fine I also found out the power washer was rated at 1,300 PSI so it's not very potent.

I'm going to wait 2 or 3 weeks and then I'm going to stain it all, that should be fun.

Jon Sigurdsson said...

That looks great!
The comparison is stunning. Using a powerful Water Blaster might damage the wood, so I'll take longer work over the risk