Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Results Are In

Well, after the great blood pressure results the other shoe came down. Cholesterol is at 214, up from 174, Triglycerides is 240, up from 140, A1C is a 12 up from an 8.4. To top it off my white cell count / T cell counts were way off. So, time for a trip to the eye doctor, the Endocrinologist and Oncologist plus a trip to the Hospital for an MRI. Drat…

My blood sugar I knew was elevated, however the rest came as a complete shock. I wonder if working almost 3 days straight might have had an effect on the results? I’ll be taking this up with my doctor on the 10 of next month. My next A1C is in November so I’ll be working on trying to get them back to where they were 10 months ago.

6 comments:

Big Matt said...

That's the problem with going to the Doctors, they rarely tell you anything good :p.

JO said...

I just went through all this too. My counts are a little off and I take crestor and now talong Fenofibrate. Vitamin d levels are back to normal with this brutal sun here. Good Luck with the rest of your tests.

Rae said...

Sorry to hear about the results. It is so frustrating dealing with diabetes and all of its effects.

Erik's RV Blog said...

Big Matt - Last time the results were pretty good... mostly. :)

JO - Yeah, forgot that, my D levels were way down as well. Something else to work on.

Rae - Yeah, it's crazy, I thought I was doing well on everything but the A1C, I'm Gobsmnacked I tell ya!

Erik's RV Blog said...

Ack, I mean Gobsmacked! Sheeesh my fingers never listen.

TexCyn said...

Oh geez, please keep us posted! Hoping for better results on the next post....