Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Xfinity X1

Ok, I rag on Comcast a lot because they’re expensive, I don’t complain here but ask Ronda. Smile She likes her shows, I like mine, but we both love them in HD. So when I heard that they had a new service called X1 I looked into it and ordered it when it became available.

They came out today and installed it and the difference between old cable and new cable is unreal! Excellent interface, record 4 shows at once and watch from any room. Apps for Pandora (and others) which are neither here nor there since the TV has even more Apps built in but it’s nice and easy to use. The On Demand interface blows the old one away, the picture offered from X1 is better but this is likely the new HD DVR’s having better video hardware.

There is even a cool screen saver that kicks in if you have a program paused that shows news, weather and HD pictures until you hit play.

There are a few things I don’t like, On Demand programs if paused for too long start over and many don’t allow fast forward so we had to watch 3/4 of Falling Skies over again because of this, that’s ridiculous. Other than that, it’s awesome so I figured if anybody was on the fence, give it a try I think you’ll like it.

X1

4 comments:

Rae said...

Sounds fantastic. We have Comcast too and yes, it is expensive. Sometimes I think about switching to satellite, but it would only confuse my husband. He has a hard enough time with all the remotes - something new would send him over the edge.

Erik's RV Blog said...

Rae - If you give X1 a try I think you'll be impressed however the new remotes and interface is almost like going to a different company altogether so it will be a learning curve.

My wife hates learning remotes and she took to it very quickly. In fact she enjoyed showing me a few things.

TexCyn said...

I had Comcast several years ago. Got frustrated with them because in our area, they sold out to infomerrcials at night. You'd be watching a program, then zap, it was switched over! Hated that. Maybe they don't do that anymore?

Now I just use a DTV box....no cable.

Erik's RV Blog said...

TexCyn - Yeah, there are a lot of infomercials at night, even on free over the air TV after 1am, programming goes to crap.