Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Holy Grail Of Antique Tube Radio’s – 1935 Zenith Stratosphere 1000Z

For a starting bid of $65,000 you might be able to win the best example of tube radio’s ever created by mankind. This was built during the depression, talk about taking a risk!

HERE is a link to the eBay ad, believe it or not, if the winning bid ends up as $65,000, they got a bargain! I saw one 4 years ago sell in dilapidated condition for $70,000 needing a full restoration!

For more information on this stunning console visit the Stratosphere Website.

  fall2 fall1

 $(KGrHqNHJCEE63(UQ peBO3C0V7F7Q~~60_3 $(KGrHqFHJ!0E63Ru!(Y6BO3C0RK6EQ~~60_3

$(KGrHqVHJDcE63Z(m!E5BO3C0WqwlQ~~60_3

5 comments:

Big Matt said...

That is one epic gem of a radio, she's a massive beasting, isn't she?

I've rarely seen them with multiple speakers, usually one single massive driver speaker in the center of the cabinet front, sometimes a smaller one if the unit also had a turntable option.

JO said...

Sure is a beautiful piece Erik. Hope you get a good price for it.

Erik's RV Blog said...

Matt,

It's an incredible radio, I have seen parts of this model but never a complete one. Maybe some day!


JoJo,

This isn't my radio, if it was I wouldn't need money! :)

JO said...

Well I'm sorry it isn't yours then. :(

Diana said...

That truly is a beautiful piece Erik. I would having that on display in my home! Can you loan me 65,000?!
Love Di ♥