Saturday, May 14, 2011

Doctor Update & Gadgets Gadgets Gadgets….

With Blogger down I didn’t get a chance to post an update. The results came back, the lymphocytes are still around 15 so I wait another 3 weeks before I go in again. The doctor ordered a new arterial Doppler on both legs since the previous test wasn’t done after strenuous exercise so I’m doing that on 5/25. The doc also stated he doesn’t want me to do the Corporate Challenge because of my legs since we can’t get the test results prior to the event which is on 5/26. It’s only 3.5 miles but the numbness in my lower legs seems to kick in around a mile. I haven’t made up my mind yet but I want to do it so I may just go slow and easy. It took an hour last year to walk it, I had hoped to do better this year but now I just want to do it, time doesn’t matter. Rolling on the floor laughing

Gadget time…

We bought my wife a new phone this week, the Samsung Fascinate and now she has gone from somebody that Annoyed texting to somebody that Red heart it. She also loves the Android phone, welcome to the smartphone revolution hon! Smile with tongue out

While there I bought the windshield mount and universal battery charger. The windshield mount turns my Thunderbolt into a true GPS unit, it even changes the home screen to look like a GPS home screen, too cool! The battery charger is a rechargeable battery in itself, this will come in handy when there isn’t any power available because the Thunderbolt is one thirsty phone! I also picked up a 2 port USB charger to plug into a cigarette lighter socket.

                   Samsung Fascinate       Motorola P793 Universal Power Pack

                samsungfascinate  extbattery

                                             Thunderbolt Window Mount

                                     windowmount

6 comments:

Alan and Marilyn McMillan said...

You better listen to your doc -- that's what you pay him the big bucks for:) Take care!

Unknown said...

Hi Eric. I hope you get well soon. At least you don't have cancer.
I took my Thunderbolt back because of the power it uses.Now I wish I had it back. I don't know how long I have to wait with Verizon to get a phone again after you take one back.
I had an ad pop up about droid charge that looks nice.I also like the I phone4. So for now I am going to stay with my LG5300

Good luck
Don and Barb

Erik's RV Blog said...

Tcloud,

They haven't cleared me of cancer yet, if anything the findings point to cancer, not away from it but it's too early to tell. We'll see what happens in 3 weeks.

I found with the Thunderbolt if you do a hard reset of it by removing the battery and letting it come back up it gets better and better. I am now getting most of a day out of it which is about the same as my iPhone.

I LOVE my Thunderbolt, I did not love my iPhone.

Erik's RV Blog said...

Alan and Marilyn,

I am going to listen to him, I cancelled being a part of the challenge today. I hated doing it but I honestly don't think I could make the 3.5 miles right now. :(

maddy said...

I’m glad that i found a place to get such great information. Keep up the good work!

Latest gadgets

Unknown said...

Well good luck with your tests. I found out last July that I had cancer and now I am doing the treatments
Good Luck