I rigged the original repair last night with steel pipe fittings from Farm & Fleet which gave us water and finally hot showers. I worried about the steel fittings ripping up the connections, the bypass valve being made from brass and the other one being made of plastic. My concerns were validated when I installed the new elbow fitting and it leaked again. I removed the elbow and increased the amount of white sealant tape going to the brass female end and reinstalled the elbow and so far, no leaking.
While turning on the water I once again see water exiting out of the bottom of the sewer compartment and figure now is the time to try and figure out where that is coming from. Turns out the white hose we used last year that is still basically new doesn’t seal properly. It’s raining right now so after it stops I’m going to the campground store to see if they have a 25 footer to replace this one with. Hopefully everything is working as it should now, I’ll be keeping close tabs on everything the next few days and we’ll see how it goes. I’ll also respond to comments later as well.