Wednesday, November 6, 2013

New Phone And,,,,

A new watch! I stopped at Verizon with the intent of buying the HTC One which on paper looked good until you realize the fees and rebates you need to apply or that they apply to get that low price amount to almost what the 3 costs minus $50.00… Seriously, pro-rate this, fee that, rebate, buy the Galaxy Note 3 and it’s all you pay for, sheeesh Verizon.

I spent an hour and a half there, I even looked at the LG phones, didn’t like them, the Motorola MAXX is a great option except that phone really didn’t do anything for me, it has a great screen and battery life but it didn’t speak to me. I checked out the Note 3 and walked away, the screen is simply stunning but do I really need it?

I started going over the apps and found the S Health app and started using the other apps and everything popped out of the screen like you would not believe! That graphic you see on the Note 3’s screen below, is spectacular! I went to the web, checked out websites, opened the demo email app and saw how crisp the text was and was sold.

I’m far sighted, the Lumia 928 I have for my day job has an excellent screen but even with my glasses it can be difficult. With the Note 3, you see everything bright as can be a big and bold. Up until today the 928 was the best phone I have ever used bar none… until today or until a few days down the road, we’ll see how it does but so far I’m blown away by this Note 3.

While I was checking out, the salesman brings out the new Samsung Gear Watch, I’ve done my share of reading on it, it looks nice but seriously, who needs it? I configured it for the phone and played around with it and of course, was sold, works with S Health and tracks heartbeat, walking, running GPS etc… plus all the other stuff it does, color me in but only if it is all that and a bag of chips, 2 weeks to play with it, if it doesn’t do all that they say, I can return it for a full refund minus the tax I paid. If I keep it I have 1 month to pay for the watch. I’m selling my Dell XPS 13 which will cover the cost for both the phone and the watch easily so I’m good no matter what.

EDIT: Just got done updating all of the apps, the watch didn’t want to update the S Health program which would have been a deal killer. Installed the update and the watch updated the app instantly. I installed all of my other apps, both free and paid for. The Co-Pilot GPS loads instantly now where it took almost 30 seconds on the Thunderbolt, Quad Core CPU helps! I received a call while I was across the room and answered it on the watch, now that was cool, freaky even.

More to come as I figure this out…

$T2eC16d,!)MFIc(BQNfnBSQPw!3qug~~60_57

14 comments:

Ronda said...

lol...you and your toys! ;-) Silly man! :-p

Erik's RV Blog said...

:) Did I mention the watch can make phone calls? Did I did I? I called my best friend from it, he said it was crystal clear. PLUS, all the other cools things and I'm rooting it this weekend so I can do more on it. :)

Erik's RV Blog said...

As Tim Allen said, "these are business tools, I write all this stuff off"... name the movie!

Ronda said...

duh...that would be 'For Richer or Poorer' ;-) Dude...you are a nut! @_@

Marie said...

Very cool! My hubby would probably love the watch.
Happy Thursday to you!
Marie

Rod Ivers said...

Want Note 3!!! Not even a year into the Galaxy 2 contract........ Ug

Erik's RV Blog said...

Marie - The reviewers didn't like the watch much. I LOVE IT, not sure what the reviewers were thinking, hey Christmas is coming! It's only working with the Note 3 and S4 right now though.

Erik's RV Blog said...

Rod - The phone is incredible, the most powerful on the planet, everything is butter smooth, it records video in 4K, nobody needs it that high but why not right?

As a business tool, it's incredible. Did I mention it's incredible? :)

Anonymous said...

you rob a bank or somehint?

Erik's RV Blog said...

Anonymous - No, I work for a living, you should try it.

Anonymous said...

screw u! u always hate on mne!

Erik's RV Blog said...

Anonymous - I hate on you? Seriously do you read anything you write? Let me guess, I bought a phone and now you deserve the same right? Should I buy one rooted for you and send it first class overnight?

You crack me up.

TexCyn said...

Shall we call you Bond? James Bond...

Erik's RV Blog said...

TexCyn - Why yes, that'll do, I'll take a oh nuts, what did he drink shaken not stirred again??

:)