Ronda is doing very well, they kept her in recovery much longer than anticipated but she finally got into a room mid afternoon. The pain from the surgery is much less today than last night and she is walking around so all in all so far so good! We aren’t sure of her release yet, maybe tomorrow or maybe Friday, we’ll find out for sure hopefully today so I can make plans at work.
Regarding the tires, Scott’s RV called yesterday while I was sitting with Ronda in the recovery room to tell me he quoted me tire prices for a rig with 16 inch tires. Ours takes 245/70 19.5 so the new quote is $2,000.00!!!! I had to take a deep breath after which I told Scott I don’t have $2,000.00, how the heck are they over $400.00 each?!?!? To make a long story short he is looking for better pricing and so am I, it was a mistake and he apologized but dammit man….
If I buy the tires a huge part of our camping budget is blown, we have to pay for our part of Ronda’s surgery, we owe big time taxes again, 3 years running (this is after claiming 0 AND having extra taken out) so money right now is very tight.
I could say the heck with the tires and see how it holds up for another season but I don’t feel comfortable with that at all, not even a little bit. I have two other shops checking for tires but the best price so far prior to installation and taxes etc.. is Sumitomo ST718 at $360.00 for the H load range. Not sure how I feel about that brand so doing some research.
I’m at a loss on what to do, clearly right now Ronda’s recovery is priority but the rig is at the repair shop so I need to make a decision… what to do?