Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Motorcycle Update

I decided to relocate the turn signals to the license plate housing. I wanted to install saddlebags and unfortunately the turn signals were in the way.

Side

Here is the bike with the Viking Bags installed and the turn signals relocated. A comment about the Viking Bags, the bags themselves are nice enough for the money spent, however the bolts they ship are soft and break easily, they also break easily because they are the wrong kind of thread so if you buy from Viking Bags, DO NOT use their bolts, get Grade 8 or Stainless bolts designed for your bike. Honda of course uses a specific thread type which eludes me right this minute.

The bike turned out nice, I am contemplating putting the rear seat back on, maybe I’ll do that tomorrow just to see how it looks. We’ll see. Smile

20140820_135151_Richtone(HDR)

3 comments:

JO said...

It's a pretty bike and the bags look really good.

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

I'm thinking you're gonna keep that bike! :c)

Erik's RV Blog said...

JO - Thanks!

Paul and Marti - Absolutely! :)