Thursday, January 30, 2014

McIntosh AP1 iPad Audio Player

I dislike iTunes, I have made that clear on past occasions so when I ran into this little gem I decided to try it out. It doesn’t replace iTunes, it’s just an audio player but it’s a very nice audio player for both the iPad and iPhone which means you don’t have to use the iTunes interface. There are others out there as well but none as nice as this that I have seen.

I have a 1st generation Apple TV which is now going on 7 years old but it’s the best one Apple made in my view. The interface is clunky and slow by todays standards, actually it was back when it was released as well. So using this app and airplay to my surround system was a joy plus the app is easy on the eyes. The best part of it, it’s free!

If you’re not familiar with the McIntosh name they make home audio gear where if you ask the price you can’t afford it. It’s not unusual for much of their gear to go up in value over the years. I don’t own any McIntosh gear, probably never will but this app gives me a little taste of those beautiful meters bouncing in rhythm to music on my system. A guy can pretend right?

All you have to do is download the app on either your iPad or iPhone. For more information about the app check out the McIntosh or Apple links. There is a video of the app in use on an iPad below, check it out! If you happen to end up buying a piece of McIntosh gear let me know in the comments section, it’s always good to know when somebody gets influenced a little bit by something they read.

iPad AP1 app.

McIntosh_App

iPhone AP1 app.

image

 

Video of the iPad AP1 app in use.

 

McIntoshLogo

No comments: