Thursday, July 25, 2013

SensarPro RFL-332

Well, in our quest to get METV in the rig I added the UHF booster forgetting the METV is in the VHF range. I know I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed at times so I also ordered the SensarPro RFL-332 amplifier, signal strength meter with the ability to add 10db of gain. Will it work? Will Ronda and Erik actually be able to get METV without one of us having to stand in a specific place in the RV?

Tune in this weekend for the “Quest for METV” drama as it unfolds in the Montana Fiver RV different Bat time different Bat channel, I have no clue what I’m even talking about right now, I have had 1 Vente Mocha from Starbucks and two large cups of dark roast coffee with Baileys Irish Crème (no booze) and I’m buzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzing.

This is supposed to directly replace the generic amplifier that Keystone installed, we’ll see!

Sensar_Pro_RFL332

10 comments:

Ronda said...

You crack me up dude.. :-D

Andrew said...

Isn't the 10 db gain what the generic one puts out all the time? I ask because that's what my dealer told me so I'm interested in how it turns out for you.

Erik's RV Blog said...

Andrew - Excellent point and one I worried about but couldn't get a straight answer to. I "think" this one gives adjustable gain above what the stock one provides "up to" 10db higher via the front controls.

At least I hope it does, if it doesn't I may have just spent $70.00 bucks on a signal meter. :(

Andrew said...

I'm crossing my fingers! I want to do the same thing. I'm looking at the jack antenna to!

Rod Ivers said...

10db over what?? Even my old bat wing in the 2008 RV comes with an amp.. And yes channel numbers mean nothing now with HD.. Channel 5 could map to 76 for all you know...

Erik's RV Blog said...

Rod and Loyce - I have no idea, the documentation doesn't help. Agreed, it comes with an amp standard so my guess is whatever gain it has this can go 10db over that, again just guessing.

RV dealers are clueless, their techs are clueless as well it seems because all calls netted "I don't know" results. I like the built in signal meter.

Actually channel numbers do mean something, lower are on VHF and higher are on UHF, if 5 was on 76 it would just mean in that area they put it out on UHF channel 76 and in another area it's on VHF channel 5 but to your antenna which might be good on VHF it might not be good on UHF.

I can't even get dish because of the tree cover at our site so I need to make the over the air work as good as possible in this valley.

TexCyn said...

Don't worry, some of us have no clue what you are talking about either. I don't even know what METV is?? I know there's a channel on my DTV box called MeTv, but it's about old tv shows...

Erik's RV Blog said...

TexCyn - Yeah, that's the one! MeTV, we love that channel when camping, it just refuses to come in!

Family Friend said...

I see you removed the postings.

Erik's RV Blog said...

Family Friend - Yes, as I told you, if you have comments, go to my brothers blog. If you continue here it will be locked down again, which may be what you want I suppose. Either way there is no forum for you here any longer.