Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Winter Driving

Every year I watch how people react to the first few snow falls and every year people seem to forget how to drive in it. This morning while I was waiting in the train station parking lot to head over to the station I was looking straight ahead and saw a car going too fast, the driver was looking down and then BAM! He was probably texting, who knows but he wasn’t looking ahead and he hit a new SUV. I sat there yelling for the SUV driver to watch out as if anybody could hear me in my car, it happened in fast slow motion, if you know what I mean.

The kid gets out of his Camry and starts flailing his arms and dancing, I should have taken video it was so strange. I thought he was going to get hit by somebody driving around them!

The man who got hit was very patient, waited for the dance to end and then got out and checked out the damage. Hopefully the kid has insurance, lesson learned by the kid I hope.

IMAG1306

8 comments:

JO said...

Will they learn? I don't know. I saw a video on line about girls driving and texting. They left there lane and hit head on, which greated quite a chain reaction which killed all her friends and several other people. I think this should be shown more often.

Jackie said...

Texting and driving has always bothered me...and I hope that there is a technology (if there isn't one already) that will disable texting functions while driving. I think it is necessary. Period.
Hugs,
Jackie

Erik's RV Blog said...

JO & Jackie - Agreed, what I don't get is whats so important that they can't wait? I personally hate texting, if it's important then call me, maybe I'm just getting old I don't know but teens seem to prefer texts over talking, well except girls, they prefer anything that involves lots of communicating.. :)

Big Matt said...

Naw, they don't learn, the problem is, natural selection isn't working well enough to weed them out of the gene pool when the snow hits.

Erik's RV Blog said...

Big Matt - :) We have much safer cars!

Sunny said...

Winter driving takes extra precautions, let alone add texting or talking.... so sad some of the younger generation doesn't seem to get it.....

Erik's RV Blog said...

Sunny - Agreed...

TexCyn said...

Looks like the kids car got the worst of it too. I really wish folks would not text, email, etc while driving. There are way too many accidents caused by that. :-(