Sunday, January 27, 2013

What Are The Odds…

That the same rig we tried to buy in May of last year, a 2002 Newmar Dutch Star DSDP 3872 with only 26,699 miles on it would be at another dealer a year later?!? I went to Collier RV for the usual January RV show and what do my eyes behold? A 2002 Dutch Star that looks strangely familiar! No way this could be the same RV, just no way! Yet, it is the very same rig with less than 1000 miles more on it than it had last year! 

Here it is May of last year at General RV when I test drove it, it had 26,699 miles on it. When we looked at it, it needed new tires and batteries, we couldn’t come to a deal so let it go.

2

Here it is at Collier with 27,300 miles on it! It also now sports new tires, a new stereo and new batteries. It’s as if fate is slapping me in the face and daring me.

IMAG1297

I made an offer, it will likely be shot down but I figure what the heck, lets see what happens… my guess is we still won’t come to a deal because they are asking too much but how could we not try right?

8 comments:

Sue and Doug said...

hey you never know! if it is meant to be it's meant to be! good luck!

Jackie said...

Sounds like it's calling your name...
Beautiful!!

Rod Ivers said...

Makes you wonder what the last guy figured out, that he dumped it so quickly.... Can you get his name...? I'd call him up...

Anonymous said...

Just curious. Don't need to know the price but is it cheaper than General R.V. or maybe not with the improvements. It is a year older. Be cautious and good luck!

Bruce

JO said...

Well good luck.

Erik's RV Blog said...

Sue and Doug and Jackie - Thanks!

Rod and Loyce - Agreed, that's been grinding my craw since I saw it. I'm going to look at it alone this weekend and look at the paperwork folder, there has to be something I can find out.

Bruce and Val - It's selling for about $8,000 less than last year which is about right for a year later. The dealer I'm sure gave bottom dollar in trade.

JO - Thanks!

Merikay said...

I wonder why no one else wants it. Has it been sold and then traded in again? Maybe there is something wrong that you don't see.

Emilia S said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.