Friday, November 23, 2012

Hating Thanksgiving – Black Friday – People Are Insane

Between Americans twittering how much they hate America because of what was done to the Indians and the crazies beating each other up in the stores to save a few bucks I don’t get it.

I don’t understand how somebody can hate this country because of its past. Every single country has things in its past that weren’t positive or were down right horrific. My own country of birth Norway had the Viking’s, I’m very proud of my ancestors but I also realize there are reasons not to be, but name one culture that doesn’t have skeletons? Should Germans hate Germany because of what happened during WWII? How about Russia, Italy, Japan, China or a host of others I could post horrors about?

It seems these days more so than in the past people look for something to hate or blame. Some of those people posting such hate about the USA would like to do what, move some place else? Where would they go that doesn’t have a past? I got into a debate with one of these haters and they stated Germany, Venezuela  or Russia as their great countries and when I stated why those were certainly not “better” and why, the debate ends with me being told “you don’t know what you’re talking about”.

I gave up, you can’t talk to some people and then I found out there are thousands of people who feel the same way and tweeted about it. They have no clue about history… it boggles the mind. I’m an immigrant, I know first hand why this is the best country on earth bar none. I can love this country and do so knowing full well what bad things have happened here.

On to people waiting in lines for hours for a store to open and then literally fighting for $2.00 movies or for a $289.00 50 inch pile of junk or because some lady got the last super my kid must have it or they’ll scream insanity that is Black Friday.

What is it with these folks? The stores mark down items that typically don’t sell through the year or they sell for the same percentage off that you can get on Monday and people go crazy on each other. I don’t get it…

I don’t have anything else, I’m just befuddled by people who have no clue how good they have it in this country and people so hell bent on saving a perceived buck… just mind boggling….

I love the USA, I love what Thanksgiving represents. Sorry for the negative rant the day after and maybe I shouldn’t have read so much… just needed to vent.

4 comments:

Big Matt said...

Well, me, I don't shop during the crazy hours of black friday, usually not during that day at all.

This year, I did stop by later in the day, say around 4pm, because Dawn who went out earlier, noticed that they had Stargate seasons for $8.00 apiece at Best Buy, so I bought the last season of Atlantis and four more seasons of SG-1 for the price of what one season normally cost at the store.

Saved me having to wait for it to be delivered from Amazon, so that was worth it and I got them new vs used for the same price.

The rest of those that hate this country, I only have one thing to say, GTFO and Don't let the door hit you on the ass.

Erik's RV Blog said...

Matt, sounds like you got sme good deals, the difference is you didn't punch somebody to get it. :)

Kevin and Tracy (a.k.a. kcgaz) said...

Erik - I agree with you. We did BF one year and that was enough for us. I did buy a heavily discounted Christmas yesterday at Home Depot, but I don't think that counts!

JO said...

Erik, some people have to complain about everything and anything. And I bet they were the ones in those stupid lines at 1 am with a tent and then started punching others because they got in line first.
Me I enjoyed my day out on my porch and taking walks with the dog. It was great.