Sunday, September 2, 2012

Methane….. You Know It Stinks…..

Good grief, the stench is back, Ronda just got done losing her dinner because the rig decided to chase us out out by stinking up the joint… I give, now what the frackin heck can be the cause this time? I power flushed the tanks, everything smelled rosy until…

Today for some reason, it’s windy, great right? So you know air is going by the fancy schmancy rotating air vents we had installed so why the heck does it smell like the local sewer treatment plant?? We make it through the July 110 degree meltdown with no issues, no wind to help keep the stench out but doesn’t matter, no smell! Now it’s fantastic out and we get the stench back. Disappointed smile

Tomorrow is our 13th anniversary so I’m sending Ronda out while I spend the morning flushing the works and praying something got stuck or something that I get cleared out or we won’t make it the week. For now I’m playing the change the direction of the fantastic fan game, when using the head suck air into the rig, when not have the air blow out of the rig pulling air in from the bathroom vent.

So far that works, no smell but when it hits 90 tomorrow I better have it resolved… there are times I actually hate this rig and this is one of those times. Steaming mad

EDIT: FOUND IT!!!  Ok, right now I bet the rig is blogging about stupid owners!! If you find her blog let me know I’d really like to see what she writes about us! The gray tank was full and had filled up into the shower base. About 3 inches of gray water was sitting in the shower, I was in the back talking to Ronda when the light bulb went off. Light bulbLight bulb ok, so it went off twice!!

I was telling Ronda why doesn’t it smell in the toilet room?? I move the dogs den and open the shower door and there it is, about 1 inch from overflowing… Disappointed smile  That damn tank sensor isn’t reading right so after our anniversary tomorrow on Tuesday I’m going to clean out the gray tank…

I was going to just delete this post but it is a kind of time capsule that down the road we can read back on and say, “remember that??” and hopefully laugh!

Have a great Labor Day everybody! Smile with tongue out

7 comments:

JO said...

OH the sensor thing. At first this rig drove me nuts too. I hadn't gotten around to properly setting the sewer line so in 1 1/2 days of closing the grey tank the tub was filling with grey water. Unfortunatly while I was taking a shower. So I got all the stuff and raised the sewer hose and boy did that thing drain including the black. I closed the grey tank so it would fill to clean out the hose when the black tank needed cleaning. That dam sensor never changed. After doing dishes this morning I went into the bathroom and there it was grey water in the tub. The sensors are not to be trusted and you just have to keep checking the tub. Or just use your better judgement.
Glad you found the problem.

Ash Nichols said...

Glad you figured it out! That can be so frustrating.
The Tuckerbag

Diana said...

Well at least you found it that's good news. So today is your anniversary! Hope you've got a couple of steaks or something good to celebrate with. Happy Anniversary to you and Ronda! Love Di ♥

JO said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

TexCyn said...

Hahaha, nope, don't delete!!! My gray tank sensor doesn't work. My black tank sensor always reads full. But I know that smell well!! I've had it happen a few times too. So I'm way more careful now because I also have a habit of putting items in the tub when I'm not using it!
Happy Anniversary!!

TexCyn said...

Erik, delete anon -- it's spam! spam keyword triggers! I get those too -- sigh --

Anonymous said...

Glad it was a simple fix. My sensors are not accurate either and it's a pain. Have a wonderful anniversary!

Bruce