Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Vacation Day 2 – Powerwalk & Exploring…

I went for a good hearty walk this morning to get some exercise and to explore the area a bit. I was going to walk along the river bank to see this bridge but it abruptly ended so I snapped off a picture, I was about 1/4 of a mile away.

IMAG0865

Now this, this is a fire ring!! There wasn’t anything to compare to, it has to be about 28 inches around. I’m going to be looking for something like this and we’ll use brick to surround it. You know there can be some serious bon fires in something like this! Smile with tongue out

IMAG0867

Bears fans! Gotta love them!!  Thumbs up

IMAG0869

The family that owns this rig haven’t been there in a long time so I reported to the office they have a few busted roof vents and the refrigerator vent cover is shattered. Hopefully this hasn’t been that way for too long, the owners are going to let the rig owners know.

IMAG0870

I decided to walk the valley road which is steep!

IMAG0871

Here is the entrance to the park at the top of the hill, my knees hurt at this point so I took a rest.

IMAG0875

The storage area has some interesting rigs, some of which haven’t been used in a long time.

IMAG0876

IMAG0877

IMAG0878

Time to walk back down the road. The walk back down wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be, my knees were still hurting from the walk up so on the way down they decided to remind me….. all….. the …… way…… down……

IMAG0872

I got back to camp and it’s over 100 with the heat index tossed in so the AC was so very nice to walk into.

Tomorrow is the 4th so be safe everybody and have fun! There is a fire ban in most areas out here and they have predicted tomorrow will be 102f with a 112f heat index so where ever we do go if we decide to go out in the afternoon at all will likely be in the car so we can stay cool.

4 comments:

Diana said...

I'm glad you were able to get a walk in despite the horrible heat Erik. It's been that hot here too. We are staying inside.
I remember having that knee pain, not anymore though. However now I get it in the hips, back and feet. Isn't getting older fun?
Your campground looks very pretty and I liked that little camper.
Stay cool my friend. Enjoy the mornings when it's cooler.
Love Di ♥

Big Matt said...

All that heat you've got going on right now makes me glad I won't be in the area until late September, early October. :)

Anonymous said...

I am stunned so many people leave viable RV's and trailers sitting for years. What a shame.

Steinar

Erik's RV Blog said...

Steinar - Agreed, it makes me wonder why they'll continue to spend good money on storage when the rig is often times so ruined it would take significant investment to use again.