Tuesday, April 10, 2012

RV Update

I received a call from the dealer this morning, the RV is ready. They also told me the person who installed the awning is no longer working there. That’s two employees that did bad work on our rig that no longer work there. It seems we are weeding out the chaf for them Disappointed smile how many other rigs got screwed up like this?? I want to go off on somebody but seriously, what would that accomplish?

We will be picking up the rig this weekend and I will continue the search for an RV repair center to replace them. They are literally just 3 miles down the road from where we store our RV so I have let the mistakes slide up till recently because of convenience but I don’t think we can do that anymore. I’m going to explain this to our service guy and I’ll lay odds he just agrees with me and says goodbye.

I feel for them if I find the topper is still screwed up when I get there…..     mad

 

I don’t know when our first trip will be this year, I would love to head down to Southern Illinois but with gas prices the way they are I’m not seeing any trips of great length this year. If we do head that way Diana, I can guarantee we will let you know in advance so we can stop by and say hi. Winking smile

We will probably go to Sugar Shores in the big site for a weekend stay to break in the season some time in April. I’ll just pretend we are there now… Smile with tongue out

IMAG0094

5 comments:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

To save some agrivation extend the slide in and out a few times to be certain that it works properly.

It's about time.

Diana said...

I so understand about the gas prices Erik. I'm fortunate that everywhere I go is within five miles of my house, still I've always had a gas "Budget" for myself and it really irks me when I have to go over it.

When Jake comes home on the weekends after driving 2500 to 3000 miles in five days, he doesn't want to leave the house. I can't understand why!? (Sarcasm)

There are some beautiful campsites down here though, maybe someday.

When my adult children were young, I always took them to Yogi Bear Campgrounds in Wisconsin. Tent camping. Ahhh, those were the days my friend! Love Di ♥

JO said...

I sure hope your rig is right this time. Good Luck.
And I can't believe the price of gas either glad I won't need to be driving my rig up the canyon it would cost me my entire summer budget.

Erik's RV Blog said...

Rick and Kathy - That was first on my list! ;)

Diana - Within 5 miles, WOW! There is some camping places nearby for us as well but nothing that can handle a motorhome. I am going to research a couple of places that got bad reviews and see if the reviews were warranted, maybe even visit them in the car to check them out.

Hopefully when we do head down there we will get a chance to stop and say hello and trade knee stories. :)

JoJo - I hope so to, I have reached my last straw however and am looking for a new place.

As for our gas budget, I'm still trying to figure out how to pay the huge tax bill we have. :(

TexCyn said...

Lets hope that this time, they got it right!