Sunday, April 29, 2012

Craigslist To Find RV Repair & Upgrade Help

I have been looking for some way to maintain our RV without having to use RV dealers. As you may know from previous postings we have had pretty much the worst luck possible with RV dealers. So I figure I’d figure out how to get work done that I can’t do without using these dealers.

Ronda’s friend at work has a friend that works on RV’s and I also found a few mobile RV techs on Craigslist that I have left messages with today. We are hoping to have the carpet replaced and the Allure flooring put down in the bathroom and toilet room. Heck, if I have to drive the RV to them it will be worth it!

I’ll post again when they return my calls, it would be so nice to have new carpet installed that doesn’t cost the price of a decent used car!

Have a great Sunday everybody!

6 comments:

TexCyn said...

Good luck! Hope you find someone that can do the job well at a reasonable cost. Our local RV mobile service was very high. He copped an attitude with me, so needless to say, he didn't get the job that was needing to be done.

JO said...

I hope you have good luck. Mobile Rv repair can be very costly.

Erik's RV Blog said...

TexCyn - I'm hoping the guy I found isn't like that, still waiting for a call back. I guess I will have the possibility he's too busy right now, we'll see. Thanks for the feedback!

JoJo - Thanks, I hope he isn't too high, he won't get hired if he is!

Phyllis said...

We, too, have had less than favorable experiences with RV dealers. Funny thing though - the two dealers we had issues with were those from whom we BOUGHT rigs. The one dealer who was beyond great, never sold us a thing!

Erik's RV Blog said...

Phyllis - Go figure right? The only dealer in my area that has been favorable is going out of business. Which makes no sense to me at all.

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

It's always hard to find a good mechanic, let along RV tech.

I hope you have good luck in your search, you have to win once in a while!