Monday, March 5, 2012

I Forgot – High Oil Prices Means High Tire Prices!!

We decided last year to wait until this Spring to replace the 4 rear tires. I just got a new quote and it’s almost $400.00 more than last year for the same tires. I told him the date codes better be from this year if I have to hand out that much more money! I don’t think I’ll get that lucky. I also priced Goodyear RV tires, holy Toledo $500.00 each for 19.5’s?!?!?

This is going to be a very expensive year for RV’ing… Disappointed smile

4 comments:

Big Matt said...

This year is going to be a very expensive year for everything as every single thing we use on a daily basis is driven by fuel prices.

I can only hope that the run up causes a repeat of 2008's bottom out scenario which drove fuel prices down.

Merikay said...

I would definitly hold him to that date code! Could you get a discount if they were last years?

JO said...

I better hurry and sell Mom's little run away while the tires are still good. :(

Erik's RV Blog said...

Matt - We'll see but somehow I'm doubting it.

Merikay - Agreed, if they have older date codes they should also have the older prices.

JoJo - I hear that! Good luck.