Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Superman Filming In Chicago

On the way to work this morning I saw some old cars and miscellaneous travel trailers and movie trucks. Here are some pictures that will bring back memories for those of you old enough to remember them when they were on the streets instead of cars shows, movies and museums. 

                              Remember when even Buicks had wings?

IMAG0139

                                    Suicide door Lincolns, I love them!

IMAG0140

                    These Checker cabs ran clear into the early 90’s!

IMAG0141

IMAG0143

     These delivery trucks came in all flavors, my favorite was the milk trucks!

IMAG0142

                                          Chicago public works truck

IMAG0144

IMAG0145

Flxible Clipper, I love them, no matter what decade they are from! My brother and I used to ride these beasts back in the day.

IMAG0191

     The directors office, there are a bunch of travel trailers all over the place.

IMAG0202

IMAG0203

IMAG0172

IMAG0199

The sheer amount of gear movie companies move around is amazing. I hope to see more old cars tomorrow, the heck with the actors, show me the old cars!

10 comments:

Diana said...

This post really made me homesick. I'll always be a Chicago girl at heart!
Your photos are excellent Erik. That new camera is really paying off. I have to really start working on my kids for a new one. Christmas is right around the corner you know!!
Sorry for my absence Erik. I've been busy doing some recovering. Stop by and see how far I've come.
Love Di ♥

Margie and Roger said...

Always love seeing the old cars - brings back memories. My dad used to have a Lincoln with those weird doors.

Sue and Doug said...

how exciting to be near the filming!!..soon you will be rubbing elbows with the stars!!!

Erik's RV Blog said...

Diana! Welcome back! Don't apologize, you need to recover!

I took those pictures with my HTC Thunderbolt cell phone not my new Canon T3i. :)~

Margie - He should have kept it, it's worth a small fortune now!

Erik's RV Blog said...

Sue and Doug - I prefer to stay away from them, there aren't many that I actually care to meet. ;)

JoJo said...

I'm with you Erik, I want to see the cars. I have no idea who movies stars are anymore and it doesn't bother me in the least.

Erik's RV Blog said...

JoJo - Everything was gone when I walked by this morning. I had really hoped to find some more to take pictures of, ahh well. :)

Shirley said...

I love the old cars. Can remember most of them. My brother had the suicide doors. One of my brothers was mad when my parents wouldn't buy the Oldsmobile with fins because they "looked like they might fall off" went with a 59 fire engine red buick instead.

Erik's RV Blog said...

Shirley - Them were the days! :)

kenpratt said...

I am with you....love the old cars