Thursday, March 3, 2011

sPrInG iS CoMiNg, oR Is iT?!!?

It’s 24f this morning, we go on our 5 day journey on 3/30…..           That’s 27 days, 11 hours, 9 minutes and 10 seconds from now and if it keeps being this cold I won’t be able to de-winterize our RV. Disappointed smile

Now, I know it should be warmer by then BUT, there has been years where we didn’t get Spring, we went directly from freezing our batooties off to boiling like lobsters. This is why most campgrounds in our area don’t open until May. Geneseo opens April 1st officially so they might be as thick skulled as I am which is great but am I pulling the trigger too early?

I still have to wash and wax the rig, clean up after the non-rent paying little vermin mice who are now resting in mouse heaven. I have to de-winterize, change all fluids for the engine, generator and likely radiator, get smog checked, get new plates, sanitize the fresh water tank, flush both the black and gray tanks to remove anything that may have “stuck” to the walls…

AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH and we have no warm weather to do this until probably the week of the trip. My right eye is twitching….

                           anxiety1

2 comments:

Diana said...

And I thought that I had spring fever! I don't know if this helps you any Erik but here in Southern Illinois the temps have been 40's,50's and 60's for the past couple of weeks. Our spring generally starts pretty early here and since you're heading south the beginning of April, I think it's safe to say that it should be pretty nice then. Maybe rainy but not freezing at least!
I am anxious to get into my gardening! I have towels hanging on the line today, it's in the 50's. Love Di ♥

Erik's RV Blog said...

I have a tree that got blown over to cut up, I need to do that before this trip so I can use the wood! :)

I have a lot to do this year, my yard is disgusting....