Next Wednesday the 30th I am picking up the RV to get it ready to head out on the 31st to Geneseo, IL. Great right? Well, the weather has taken a turn from getting warmer to getting colder, winter is stubbornly hanging on. Last week was tee shirt weather and it was steadily getting nicer and nicer as the days went by.
This week, back to freezing each night up until the 30th, it’s going to be in the 20’s each and every night. So I can’t pick the rig up and de-winterize it this weekend like I had planned. Plus the neighbors driveway, (the one where the house is empty and my other neighbor is using it to park all of their cars, how does 3 people need 6 cars?!?!?) is full of cars and I won’t be able to put the RV in that driveway unless the kid comes home and can move them. I haven’t seen him in a week so I think he is off somewhere.
So, the 30th is the day….to…do….everything for the trip. I called our new RV dealer and asked if I was crazy to de-winterize on the 30th, their response, YES, nuts . They have a lot of rigs to deliver and they are delivering them winterized, even for the people heading out on the road after the 30th, better safe than sorry they said. I am now looking at 10 day forecasts every hour like an insane person and as is typical, it changes every hour! I want to take a shower while we’re gone, I know my wife sure as heck doesn’t want to smell me after 4 days of poor man showers! Somehow she can skip a shower and she smells fine, that must be a girl thing… But me, after cleaning the rig and if possibly waxing it, not going to be pleasant no way no how.
Right now it looks like from the 30th on, each night for our trip will be in the 30’s which is fantastic. Solves that problem if it continues to say that, however, I have to watch for several weeks after because if I do de-winterize any night that dips into the 20’s is a threat to the pipes in the rig, even if I drain everything. Winterizing after this trip is possible but would be a big pain in the butt so what to do? I am not putting the trip off, nope, not gonna do it… Guess I’ll re-winterize after the trip, there… now that was easy…