Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Remembering A Few Things From July

While going through some of our pictures from July camping trips I remembered almost getting T-Boned by a guy who ran a red light. I honked and he didn’t hear or see us. How you can miss 36ft x 12.6ft of RV is beyond me! Worst is he didn’t hear us either! So it was up to me to make sure we didn’t get hit, which I did shockingly enough.

I take the train every day, while trying to have a conversation with my wife we kept hearing the train horns. You can bet everybody for a mile around heard it too. This got me to thinking, for emergency use how about installing train horns? There is plenty of room in the engine bay for them. I looked at Semi horns and while they work they don’t have the HEY YOU, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING!! kind of impact.

It won’t even matter if they have their stereo on full blast, this will get their attention. Haven’t decided yet but pondering it, at minimum I’m going to get a very loud car horn… hmmmm what do you guys think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like overkill to me! You'll give somebody a heart attack.

Al

Erik's RV Blog said...

I've been looking at a lot of videos and it seems these are great for what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks,
Erik

Big Matt said...

Go for it, I've been planning to get one of the smaller kits for my truck, though I've kind of also wanted to add an old locomotive steam whistle as well ;).

Erik's RV Blog said...

The wife was against it until I played her a sample comparison between a car horn and the train horn, now she wants one in her Escape!

I'm going to get it for this coming Spring. A steam whistle sounds cool too!